Stuck between my wishes and my have to's


I wish I was able to say: I love my job. But honestly, I would lie if I do.

8 years ago, at a very young age, I crossed the gate of my workplace. Little did I know that this place would never be a good setting for my dream career, no matter how far I pursue my studies. These days, I had to acknowledge that as far as job is concerned, I really feel misplaced and unfit.

I have had my ups and downs as a worker. But I also have to thank God for all the blessings received along the journey, for instance my study abroad. I know that this was part of His plan. He knew exactly that at a certain point of time, I would be able to travel and further my studies. For this, I am forever grateful.

But the thing is that every time I hear people being passionate about their job, I can't help but wonder if someday, it would be possible for me. My unmet aspirations seem to shout out to me so that their loud voice become the only thing I hear when thinking about work.

So here I am, sitting on my desk, thinking about my wishes and my have to's. I pray God that He helps me trust in Him and open my eyes to the wonders He does. I pray that He hears my desperate cry for a miracle (well, actually, I can't really put a name on what I want, a miracle or a change or what, but He knows me well). This quote which I came across in the morning, on my social media feed is not by chance, I know it was given : "sometimes, we do what we love. But other times, we have to love what we're doing". Pretty difficult yet so timely. So this adds to my prayer requests.

#MondayMotivation

Popular Posts